Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The McKeesport Lions Club celebrated 100 years of service with a February 15 banquet. The club was formed on February 27, 1922, as a local charter of Lions Clubs International, whose members strive to improve their communities and the world.
The McKeesport Lions Club celebrated 100 years of service with a February 15 banquet at the Palisades Events Center. The club was formed on February 27, 1922, as a local charter of Lions Clubs International, whose members strive to improve their communities and the world.
Mayor Michael Cherepko often promotes his administration’s motto of “Working Together for a Better McKeesport.” The McKeesport Lions Club embodies this notion – going above and beyond their call to volunteerism, service, and support. This includes but is not limited to litter clean-ups; the annual Letter Carriers Food Drive; bell ringing for the Salvation Army Christmas Fund Drive; fundraising for pediatric cancer research through the St. Baldrick’s Foundation; collection of eyeglasses, hats, hearing aids, medication bottles, and U.S. Flags; hosting an annual First Responders Dinner; participation in Good Neighbor Day, the Salute to Santa Parade, and Festival of Trees; conducting food drives; selling the Lions’ signature brooms; participating in White Cane Day collections; donating to the Western PA School for the Blind, Blind & Vision Rehab Services, Leader Dog for the Blind, PA Lions Sight Conservation, Carnegie Library of McKeesport, and Beacon Lodge. The club is known for its contributions in Renziehausen Park with the construction of the Dewey Wivagg Memorial Pavilion, the organization of events such as the Summer Concert Series, the Renzie Rib Fest, Patriotism Parades, and volunteerism with the “Wall That Heals” Vietnam Memorial replica.